This page features our COVID-19 information and news from 2020 and 2021. For the latest news click here.
October & November
The Victorian Government announced that the current restrictions for Victoria will be extended until 23 September, term 3 will therefore be remote learning only. Visit Compass or the Government website for all the latest updates on Covid-19 and Lockdowns.
The Victorian Government announced that the current restrictions for Victoria will be extended until 11.59pm on Thursday 2 September. Please visit Compass for more information. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus next Friday 3 September.
The Victorian Government announced today that the current restrictions for Victoria will be extended for another seven days, until 11.59pm on Thursday 19 August. Please visit Compass for more information. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus next Friday 20 August.
Restrictions are lifted and all students can return to onsite learning on Wednesday 28 July. Masks must be worn inside and outside. Check Compass for school protocols and further updates.
Lockdown 5.0 has been EXTENDED until Tuesday 27 July at midnight. Onsite learning is planned for Wednesday 28 July. Remote learning will continue until then. Please check Compass for all communications regarding lockdown and remote learning. Thank you to our school community for their support in moving to back to remote learning.
Further updates will be communicated to students and parents/guardians/carers as it comes to hand.
- All Students return to onsite learning on Friday 11 June.
- School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must always wear a face mask at school (both indoors and outdoors), unless a lawful exception applies.
- For communication purposes, teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older when travelling to and from school on public transport and when in taxis or ride share vehicles.
- As of Friday 28 May we are in a 7 day lockdown and remote learning will resume.
- Please note Friday 28 May will be a student free day to allow for staff to prepare remote learning lessons.
- Monday 31 May to Thursday 3 May all students will be learning from home.
- Friday 4 June all students will return to learning at school.
- Visit Compass for more information.
On campus and off campus learning
- All year 11 and 12 students are back to school for on-campus learning as of Monday 13 July.
- Year 7-10 students have an extended week of school holidays from Monday 13 July to Friday 17 July.
- Remote learning begins for all students in year 7 to year 10 on Monday 20 July.
- Cafe is closed on both campuses until further notice.
- Temperature checking occurs in Learning Mentor Group for all Year 11 and 12 students and at the office if a student is late to school.
- School bus will operate on a modified timetable.
LISTEN TO PODCAST: Teaching through the pandemic: lessons learned in and out of school
Listen to the University of Melbourne Podcast featuring our Principal Julie Kennedy, Teaching through the pandemic: lessons learned in and out of school. Ms. Kennedy discusses what’s worked, what didn’t and what RSC are going to take with them into the future. You can read full transcript here (Julie begins on page 6).
WATCH VIDEO: SRC Welcome Students Back to School
Our student representative council (SRC) welcome our students back to school. The SRC talk you through your rights and responsibilities back on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
SCHOOL RETURNS – May & June 2020
**No parents/guardians are allowed on school premises. If you need to contact us, please call 9755 4555. Or email your child’s Learning Mentor in Compass.
- Monday 25th May is a student free day, no online learning will occur on this day as teachers will be planning for the students return to school.
- Tuesday 26th May – Year 11 & Year 12 return to school. (Year 7 to 10 continue with learning at home).
- Tuesday 9th June – Year 7, 8, 9, 10 return to school.
ADVICE FOR PARENTS: How learning from home will work
- RSC Remote Learning FAQs for Parents & Guardians – Click here >>
- How to Use a School Closure to Surge Ahead Academically – Click here >>
- Learning at Home – Click here >>
The news about COVID-19 is not only unavoidable but also changing on a daily basis. Rowville Secondary College will always work to ensure that our community is a healthy, safe one. Our goal is to help contain the spread of the virus to members of our community as best we can. Therefore, in line with departmental guidelines, the school is taking a series of actions. The following Rowville Secondary College events have been postponed or cancelled:
- Open Nights
- School Tours
- Program Information Nights
- RIA play
- RSC Production rehearsals
- Solo Nights
- All extra -curricular and inter school sport competitions
- All excursions including KIOSC
- RSA Elite Coaching Camps
- VCE Media Top Screen and NGV
- RIA Junior Visual Arts Excursion
- Woodwind Excursion – Multicultural & Women in sports awards
- Student vs Police Basketball game
- Bullying whole school activity on Friday 20th p.5
Events, excursions and camps for Term 2 will be assessed at a later date based on the most up-to-date advice.
- Statement of School Closures in Victoria. Click here for latest press release or read it below.