Rowville Secondary College will endeavour to update our community with the latest on COVID-19.
Updates will also come through Compass. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please click here for updates from Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria State Government.
UPDATES & LATEST NEWS
SCHOOL RETURNS – May & June 2020
**No parents/guardians are allowed on school premises. If you need to contact us, please call 9755 4555. Or email your child’s Learning Mentor in Compass.
- Monday 25th May is a student free day, no online learning will occur on this day as teachers will be planning for the students return to school.
- Tuesday 26th May – Year 11 & Year 12 return to school. (Year 7 to 10 continue with learning at home).
- Tuesday 9th June – Year 7, 8, 9, 10 return to school.
Watch out for more information to come through Compass.
ADVICE FOR PARENTS: How learning from home will work
- RSC Remote Learning FAQs for Parents & Guardians – Click here >>
- How to Use a School Closure to Surge Ahead Academically – Click here >>
- Learning at Home – Click here >>
Virtual Health Office at Rowville Secondary College
Our Rowville Secondary College Virtual Health Office is open and is being run by our school nurse, Ms. Stephanie Sear. If anyone in our school community; families, parents, teachers and students have any health issues and/or inquiries and question simply contact Stephanie by sending her an email in Compass.
The Wellbeing Team East and West are keen to extend our arm of support to all families during this difficult period with continued access to wellbeing services during school hours. The available team includes: Andy Phillips (West Campus Wellbeing Coordinator and Social Worker), Joanne Johnson (East Campus Coordinator) and Emma McLachlan (Multi-campus school counsellor and provisional psychologist).
How to access Wellbeing support:
There are a number of ways to engage our support:
- Referrals from learning mentors
- Sending an email to our wellbeing address to request a return call or information: email@example.com
- Phoning either campus wellbeing office directly as these messages are retrievable remotely: WEST CAMPUS 9755 4533
EAST CAMPUS 9755 4616
The news about COVID-19 is not only unavoidable but also changing on a daily basis. Rowville Secondary College will always work to ensure that our community is a healthy, safe one. Our goal is to help contain the spread of the virus to members of our community as best we can. Therefore, in line with departmental guidelines, the school is taking a series of actions. The following Rowville Secondary College events have been postponed or cancelled:
- Open Nights
- School Tours
- Program Information Nights
- RIA play
- RSC Production rehearsals
- Solo Nights
- All extra -curricular and inter school sport competitions
- All excursions including KIOSC
- RSA Elite Coaching Camps
- VCE Media Top Screen and NGV
- RIA Junior Visual Arts Excursion
- Woodwind Excursion – Multicultural & Women in sports awards
- Student vs Police Basketball game
- Bullying whole school activity on Friday 20th p.5
Events, excursions and camps for Term 2 will be assessed at a later date based on the most up-to-date advice.
- Statement of School Closures in Victoria. Click here for latest press release or read it below.