RSA Elite Coaching Camps
Rowville sports academy
Elite Coaching Camps 2021 (Try-Out Opportunity for enrolment 2022/2023)
The school organises Elite Sports Camps, to which anybody is welcome. These camps are excellent for skill acquisition and fun, but they also double as try outs for those seeking places in RSA. We hold mostly three day camps in both the Term 1 and Term 2 holidays (although the third day of term 1 camps is held over until Term 2). Whether or not students obtain places in the Rowville Sports Academy these camps are excellent sport education opportunities. On the other hand, it is most unlikely that students will get a position in RSA without attending one or more of these camps.
The camp will expose your child (children) to coaches at a level most have not previously experienced. Our coaches all have elite backgrounds:
- Dean Kinsman was previously the Head Coach of Basketball for the Australian Institute of Sport, Women’s program.
- Peter Bundy has coached in the Volleyball State League for many years.
- Tim Wendel was previously the Victorian Golf State Development Coach.
- Ian Greener was Head Coach of Football (Soccer) at the Victorian Institute of Sport.
- Roselee Jencke joined RSA this year after eleven years as Head Coach of the Queensland Firebirds in the National Netball Super league.
- Darren Bewick is a two time premiership player with Essendon FC.
- Darren Berry was selected on an Ashes tour with the Australian Cricket Team and has coached internationally for Pakistan as well domestically with South Australia.
- AJ Muscillo is one of a small elite group in Australia who have Level 3 tennis coaching credentials.
About our RSA Elite Coaching Camps
As well as being a great camp for sports minded students, students seeking to obtain places in RSA will be assessed during the for the 2021 and 2022 intakes. We are also very happy for you to encourage a friend to book in as well, whether or not they are interested in joining RSA. Often bringing a friend will help your child feel more relaxed about the try out process.
Bookings for the Elite Coaching Camps are essential and should be made through Trybooking. The cost of the camps is $120 for Cricket, $150 for Tennis and $180 for each of the other camps, and with lunch provided and the quality of coaches involved we are confident that this represents very good value. For families who wish their child to attend more than one camp; before making a booking please email that advice to email@example.com and you will receive advice on how to make a booking with a possible discount.
RSA welcomes students from Grade 5 to Year 12 to attend these Elite Coaching Camps. Students in Grade 5 benefit in attending the year before their “Try-Out” year to become familiar with the process, environment, facilities and coaching staff. We have discovered that student that attend in Grade 5 are more comfortable with their attendance and participation the following year, approaching the process with less anxiety and more confidence. Participants are encouraged to bring along a friend to attend for the try-out and/or benefit from the fun clinic experience.