be part of our one great school
enrol in one of our four programs
Our school offers four strengths based learning programs your child can enrol in.
Institute of THE Arts
Maths & Science Academy
specialist application process
Please visit our program buttons below for further information on our Specialist Application process. All four programs require our school to comply with The Department of Education and Training (DET) Placement Policy. Please note we do not have any enrolment restrictions at this time.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year 6 to Year 7 Enrolment
General Excellence – Western Campus
- Complete the DET Transition application form provided by your Government Primary school.
Maths & Science Academy – Western Campus
- Please submit an expression of interest form and we will then contact you with regards to the MSA Immersion day details.
- Complete the DET Transition application form provided by your State Primary school.
Institute of the Arts – Eastern Campus
Transitioning: Independent Primary School
If transitioning from an Independent Primary School you will need to complete a DET form. This form will be available at the start of Term 2. The form must be returned directly to Rowville Secondary College via email.
COMPLETE DET PRIMARY SCHOOLS TRANSITION APPLICATION FORM
All four programs at Rowville Secondary College require you to complete the DET Primary Schools transition application form. We request that you submit this application form to your Primary school by the deadline given. We request that section 4 of the application form be completed with Rowville Secondary College as your first choice.
A simple guide: how to enrol your Year 6 child in a secondary school
The Department of Education and Training (DET) provides government schools with a timeline for the Transition to Year 7 enrolment process.
- When your child is in Year 6, your Primary School will issue the Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Information Pack which will have an application form enclosed, late in Term 1 or at the start of Term 2 of the Grade 6 year.
- Parents must complete this form, and then return it to your Primary School, by the due date.
- Government Primary Schools will then forward all applications to the relevant Secondary School in accordance with the Department of Education and Training guidelines.
- If transitioning from an Independent Primary School and your school does not provide the DET Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Placement Information pack 2023-2024 you can access this information here. Please complete the Application for Year 7 Placement 2024 form and return it directly to Rowville Secondary College for the attention of the Enrolment Officer either by post or email us by Friday 14 May 2023.
- Wednesday 19 July families will receive notification from their Primary School advising what Secondary School your child has been offered a place in the following year i.e., your letter will only confirm Rowville Secondary College.
- Thursday 20 July our school will email a welcome letter with relevant information for enrolling into the school for 2024.
- Please be aware that if unsuccessful in your specialist application and we have received your DET Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Application form, we will offer a place within our General Excellence Program, Paratea Drive location, Western Campus. Please be aware that our programs are campus specific. We do offer an internal shuttle bus to take student to the west campus in the morning and after school should families reside closest to the Eastern Campus, Humphreys Way location. Through the DET placement policy you are applying to the school and not the specific program, as a school we currently do not have any enrolment restrictions.
Year 8-12 enrolment
Families wishing to apply for enrolments into Years 8-12, or during a school year at all levels, are invited to complete an expression of interest form.
For further information on enrolling your child at Rowville Secondary College please call on 9755 4555.