Booklists & Laptops
For more information get in touch with our friendly front office staff.
Campion is the main portal to provide all materials, including the Education Perfect subscription, print books, digital books and stationery (Jacaranda ebooks will also be available through here).
Bring Your Own Device | Laptops
To support our classroom learning Rowville Secondary College is a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) school. This means that all year 7-12 students will be required to bring a laptop to school every day. The 2024 Purchasing Portal is now open, see details below in the Purchasing Requirements section.
2024 BYOD Onboarding Sessions
These run from Monday 15 January to Friday 19 January for new students starting at Rowville Secondary College in Term 1, 2024.
Device by program & year level
- Windows 10 21H2 or later, Windows 11 21H2 or later
- Apple macOS 13 Ventura or later
- No iPads, Linux, Google Chrome, or Android devices
SCHOOL CODE: Rowville2024
The 2024 Purchasing Portal is now open.
Do i need to purchase a new device for my child?
If your child already owns a device that meets the requirements, they can bring that to school and will not need to buy a new device.
If I need to buy a device for my child, where should I purchase it from?
- You may purchase devices from any supplier, however, RSC has an agreement with JB Hi Fi solutions – here is the purchase portal.
- The Purchase Portal will contain a number of options for students at different price points. All of the options will satisfy the minimum required specifications.
JB Hi Fi Solutions
SCHOOL CODE: Rowville2024
What happens if my childs device gets lost or stolen at school?
- Parents are strongly encouraged to consider insurance and warranty cover for BYODs, as they are not covered by the school. Devices purchased through the Purchase Portal will have warranty options.
- RSC has developed policies, protocols and procedures designed to encourage safe and responsible use, but cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of devices.
How much will BYOD cost?
- We recognise that the purchase of a device is a major decision and a significant expense. A good quality device may last a number of years and viewed over the long term, the total expenses of school are considerably less.
- The purpose of identifying minimum specifications is to allow families to utilise suitable devices that they already own.
- RSC has developed an Equity Policy designed to assist families experiencing financial difficulties. Please contact the College for further details.
Will my child use the device all the time?
The devices are intended to be used as tools for learning and will be used along with all the other tools available at school and home (e.g. pen, paper, calculators, books, etc).
Will students use devices before school or during breaks?
Devices will be left in lockers during breaks. Students may be involved in special, teacher supervised activities during breaks that require devices. In this case, the teacher-in-charge will manage the children while they collect, use and return their devices.
Will my child still use handwriting?
Yes. Devices will not totally replace handwriting. The mode of communication used will depend on the learning opportunity.
Will internet access be filtered?
Yes. All internet access via our network (WiFi and wired) is routed through CyberHound Filtering for internet delivery and firewall. Whilst this is a new and sophisticated system, it is worth noting that no filter system is perfect given the dynamic nature of the internet.
Where do i purchase books from?
Campion is the main portal to provide all materials, including the Education Perfect subscription, print books, digital books and stationery (Jacaranda ebooks will also be available through here). The booklists for year 7-12 are found on Campion.
- Booklists for 2024 – order here. School code is: 7DY6
- Campion books will be delivery only.