A variety of pathways for senior students
Rowville Secondary College recognises the diverse needs of students related to their future aspirations and directions. Therefore, the College provides a variety of pathways for students.
- VCE: Victorian Certificate of Education
- VCE-VM: Victorian Certificate of Education – Vocational Major
- SBAT: School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Our Four Programs
General Excellence senior program is structured in such a way that students are able to undertake all pathways; the VCE, VCE-VM or SBAT.
Maths & Science Academy can undertake VCE.
It is a very important time in the students’ lives and at Rowville, our senior students are encouraged and supported to show initiative and take personal responsibility for their learning. A collaborative partnership strengthens between students, staff and families, as every effort is made to support the students in their quest for success.
careers & pathways Team
Careers & Pathways Coordinators:
- Julie Byrne (West): 9755 4674
- Lynda Del Din (East): 9755 4550
- Jenny McComb: 9755 4593
Visit our course selection website to find out all the senior pathway options and elective subjects available to our senior students.
Electives are for students entering Year 9, Year 10, Year 11 & Year 12.
VCE: Victorian Certificate of Education
- For students who are passionate about academic learning and who are on a pathway to gain direct entry into university courses when they graduate from Rowville Secondary College.
- Access to our full range of scored VCE units and scored VET courses.
- Upon successful completion of this two year program, VCE students receive a VCE Certificate and an ATAR based on their Year 12 coursework and final examination results.
- VCE is available to students in GE, MSA, RIA and RSA.
Whilst completing their VCE, students have the opportunity and are encouraged to take up leadership positions and participate in the College’s extra-curricular activities.
VCE-VM: vce VOCATIONal Major
For students who want to combine both Academic and Vocational learning that will better support them to pursue further study at TAFE or University (via alternative pathway), or go directly into employment.
- VM students have exclusive access to Vocational Major subjects, in addition to VCE subjects and VET courses.
- Upon successful completion of this two year program, you will receive a VCE Certificate (VM) and a Certificate 2 in your chosen VET.
- VCE VM students do not sit Year 12 exams and they do not receive an ATAR.
- Available to students in GE, RIA and RSA.
SBAT: School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- The School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship (SBAT) pathway is for students who are looking to prepare for or commence, an Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
- SBAT students complete a VCE VM certificate via specilaised classroom program. This includes the the study of Literacy, Numeracy, Work Related Skills and Personal Development Skills.
- SBAT Students spend two days at school, one day at TAFE, and two days at work per week.
- SBAT students do not complete exams and do not receive an ATAR.
- Available to GE students.
Contact our SBAT Coordinator for more information.